Our glass has experience.
We build thereon.
The innovative character of the actual FLACHGLAS Wernberg GmbH is based on a long lasting, significant tradition in glass processing. Originally founded in 1938 under the trading name of SIGLA GmbH, the company then expanded continuously as Deutsche Tafelglas AG (DETAG) and was restructured in 1998 - after its fusion with the DELOG in 1970 forming the FLACHGLAS AG that was part of the Pilkington Group since 1980.
Since 1999, we have been operating under our actual name, FLACHGLAS Wernberg domiciled in Wernberg-Köblitz. We are a legally self-dependent corporation for all kinds of glass processing and are not constrained by any corporate group. As one of the leading manufacturers for construction and vehicle glazing in Europe, we continue our story of success.
Our history in brief.
- 1938 foundation of a subsidiary plant of the Sicherheitsglas GmbH,
Kunzendorf/Niederlausitz (now Poland) in Wernberg, production of SIGLA® laminated safety glass
- 1946 the Wernberg plant is leased by the Deutsche Tafelglas AG
- 1949 acquisition of the Wernberg plant by DETAG
- 1970 DETAG and DELOG merging to FLACHGLAS
- 1980 takeover of the majority of shares by Pilkington plc.
- 1999 withdrawal of the plant from Pilkington Group, independent status as FLACHGLAS Wernberg GmbH
- 1999 foundation of the employee participation model
- 2005 acquisition of the GLASPROFI GmbH
- 2007 acquisition of the Flachglas Nord-Ost GmbH, Osterburg
- 2009 acquisition of Pilkington Schweiz merging to Flachglas (Schweiz) AG with 3 production sites in Wikon, Thun and Münchenbuchsee
We are increasing our potential.
We continue our successful trend. As Flachglas Group, we have united even more competences under one single name.