Our glass connects the world. With safety.
The development and production of innovative glazing systems for rail vehicles has been a tradition with FLACHGLAS Wernberg for over sixty years now. It was the German Imperial Railway who ordered the first functional insulation glass units in Wernberg.
Nowadays, we cooperate at international level with customers in the most different fields: rail-vehicle manufacturers, vehicle operators, registration offices, institutes as well as designers and developers make use of our professional know-how and flexibility offering individual solutions for almost any kind of demand.
Our wide product range includes glasses and glazing systems for regional, long-distance and high-speed trains as well as for cogwheel trains, cable cars and trams:
Our product range:
- side windows for passenger compartments
- entrance doors for passenger's and driver's compartment
- windows for driver's cab
- partition wall systems
- glazing for luggage rack systems
- fire protection systems
- emergency exit systems
Each glass or system can be combined with different functions fulfilling the complex requirements on safety, technical functionality and comfort in every respect.
Our quality standard does not only apply to our products. You can also rely on our service during any phase of your project. We advise you with our know-how in the domain of rail vehicles, and offer you active support and cooperation in numerous fields:
- solutions for active and passive safety-relevant demands
- equipments for fire protection and other safety or emergency indicents
- resistance calculations for system design
- technical preparation based on the specifications required for light-, energy- and noise-control.